Revvity's Compliance to the Environmental Directives
Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive and implementing regulations, when customers buy new electrical and electronic equipment from Revvity they are entitled to:
- Send old equipment for recycling on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis (this varies depending on the country)
- Send the new equipment back for recycling when this ultimately becomes waste
Producers of B2B must provide arrangements for the WEEE to be collected from the business end-user’s premises by a licensed waste carrier and taken to a licensed recycler.
B2B producer obligations in the WEEE Directive:
The WEEE Directive places the following legal responsibilities on producers of B2B WEEE:
- Article 5 (3) states that for B2B WEEE the producer is required to 'provide for the collection of WEEE'.
- Article 9 (1) states that for New B2B WEEE 'the financing of the costs for the collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal ... is to be provided by the producers'.
- Article 9 (1) goes on to state that for Historic B2B WEEE being replaced by equivalent products or by products fulfilling the same function 'the financing of the costs shall be provided for by producers of those new products when supplying them'.
- Article 9 (2) states that 'Producers and users other than private households may, without prejudice to this Directive, conclude agreements stipulating other financing methods'.