Drug Discovery & Protein Purification
Automated liquid handling platform for small-scale protein purification applications
The JANUS® G3 BioTx™ automated workstations enable consistent small-scale protein purification and sample prep for analytical protein characterization required to support quality by design experimentation in both upstream and downstream processes. Automating sample prep provides researchers more time to focus on new analytical tests obtaining critical information earlier in the protein development pipeline. Time and labor savings accelerate project workflows and thus, commercialization of protein therapies.
Maximize productivity with automated purification methods
The JANUS G3 BioTx workstations accommodate column, tip, and batch chromatography modes on one platform. With just one instrument, you can achieve rapid analysis of a range of sample volumes and concentrations to support Quality by Design experimentation in both upstream or downstream processes.
To further maximize productivity we have created the Revvity's Mobile Operations Monitor, which allows for true walk-away push button protocols through advanced monitoring with integrated cameras.
Automate four modes of small-scale protein purification on a single platform
Our workstation accommodates PhyNexus® PhyTips® columns, filter plates and OPUS® RoboColumns® chromatography columns on one platform. Purification methods include affinity, ion exchange, reverse phase and gel filtration.
JANUS® G3 BioTx™ Pro workstation
- 12 deck positions
- Compact footprint
JANUS® G3 BioTx™ Pro Plus workstation
- 24 deck locations
- MDT 96-tip head for parallel purification methods
- Integrated gripper for labware positioning
- Integrated vacuum manifold
PhyNexus® PhyTips® columns
- Purify up to 96 samples in 15 min
- Column bed sizes from 5-160 μL volumes
- Achieve high sample binding capacity and purity by passing samples back and forth through column
- Highly purified products with high concentrations achieved with low elution:bed volume ratio
GE® Predictor® plates/Pall® AcroPrep™ filter plates
- Rapidly screen binding, wash and elution conditions in 96 well plate formats
- Use centrifugation or vacuum filtration (optional gripper for full automation)
- Explore design space to optimize process development using DoE
OPUS® RoboColumns® chromatography columns
- Miniaturized column chromatography predictive of process scale-up
- Purify 96 samples/day or more depending upon load volume
- 50, 100, 200 and 600 μL bed sizes; variety of resin types
- Sample volumes from 100 μL up to 48 mL or more
- Automate sample loading and fraction collection; adjustable height accommodates multiple collection plates
Simple to use protocols: designed for the scientist
Quickly enter experiment variables to easily translate your experimental design.
Easily confirm placement of samples and labware on the workstation deck (top) and view workstation status or setup email confirmation for when process is complete (bottom).
Wizard driven JANUS® G3 application assistant guides preparation and execution of small-scale purification and sample prep
- Enables true walk-up usability without need for advanced training
- Flexibility to easily modify purification parameters
Please note that product labeling (such as kit insert, product label, and kit box) may be different compared to the company branding. Please contact your local representative for further details.